Graduate Advising

Advising in the School of Education is split between Faculty Advising and Academic Advising:

  • Faculty Advising - You are assigned a faculty advisor based on the graduate program of matriculation. Contact your faculty advisor to discuss program requirements, such as whether you will take an intensive exam, prepare a portfolio, etc.  You should also speak to your faculty advisor regarding questions you may have regarding individual course requirements or whether outside graduate course work is appropriate for your program.
  • Academic Advising - Academic advisors are professional staff in the Office of Academic and Student Services who can assist you with graduation requirements and documentation needed to earn your degree.

Highlights of the School of Education Office of Academic and Student Services are:

  • Support for academic advising, registration, academic decision making, and college-life issues as well as the academic, personal, and emotional growth of students.
  • Address student concerns and needs.
  • Maintain student records for all students in the SOE.
  • Provide career services for all students, including credential file maintenance, job search assistance, and resume and cover letter workshops. Assist eligible students with teacher certification and institutional recommendations.
  • Provide important information to students via the AcadServ email.
  • Administer School of Education and University policies, regulations, and processes.

Services available to graduate students include the following:

Find your advisor